Thursday, September 16, 2010

On Pat Burns...

Pat Burns has apparently taken a turn for the worse. I can't say that I will miss Pat, having never met him. I can say that I will never forget him. His career as head coach spanned 14 years with 4 teams, tallying 501 wins, 2 shots at the mug, winning it once with the Devils in 2003.

Pat is known to be a fiesty character, this former cop-turn-coach has been a fighter all his life. Pat fought cancer 3 times dating back to 2004, the last, lung cancer, sadly incurable.


"I know my life is nearing its end and I accept that." - Pat Burns w/Rosie DiManno, Apr. 9, 2010, Toronto Star. A great read, that article.


May you know peace.


1 comment:

  1. Sad that at this time, the media has erred and put out reports that Pat Burns has passed. He has not, and I don't know how any reputable agency reports that someone has died that has clearly not.

    ReplyDelete